- Meet age requirements. Be a boy who has completed the fifth grade or is 11
years old, or has earned the Arrow of Light Award but is under 18 years old.
- Complete a Boy Scout application and health history form signed by your
parent or guardian.
- Find a Scout troop near your home.
- Repeat the Pledge of Allegiance.
- Demonstrate the Scout sign, salute, and handshake.
- Demonstrate tying the square knot (a joining knot).
- Understand and agree to live by the Scout Oath or Promise, Law, motto, and
slogan, and the Outdoor Code.
- Describe the Scout badge.
- Complete the pamphlet exercises. With your parent or guardian, complete
the exercises in the pamphlet How to Protect Your Children from Child
Abuse: A Parent's Guide.
- Participate in a Scoutmaster conference. Turn in your Boy Scout
application and health history form signed by your parent or guardian, then
participate in a Scoutmaster conference.
All requirements taken from Boy Scout Requirements, #33215E, revised
© 2002 Boy Scouts of America
Home | About
Troop 30 | Trips
& Outings | Advancement
| Calendar | Contact